A Public Record of Notice
A Public Record of Notice
I am putting this into the public record because I have reached out repeatedly to people who, in my understanding, have had responsibility for, knowledge of, or oversight over the circumstances affecting my life. I have communicated these concerns to people in positions where I believed they could address them, including matters involving legal and institutional oversight.
I do not know whether anything will ultimately be investigated, addressed, or resolved. At this point, I have very little expectation that it will. But I believe it is important that there is a public record showing that I did speak up, that I sought help, and that I did not simply disappear without telling anyone what was happening.
Years ago, Jeffrey described experiencing what he characterized as a similar pattern of harassment while he was in Boise, approximately six or seven years ago. We discussed those experiences again while we were in Boise and again on November 9th. What concerns me is that I have continued to experience what I understand as a similar pattern of harassment, intimidation, social isolation, and what I have perceived as technology-assisted stalking or monitoring.
I am not asking the public to accept any particular explanation for these experiences without evidence. I am documenting what I have experienced, what I have reported, and the consequences I believe have resulted.
The consequences have been profound.
I have been unable to maintain stable employment. My relationships and friendships have deteriorated. I have become increasingly isolated from people and community. I have lost stability, housing, and the ability to support myself in the way I once could.
I am now homeless and living on the streets with Lily.
I have sought medical care and mental-health care throughout this period. I have been evaluated and have continued to seek professional assistance. I have done what I could to remain accountable for my own wellbeing and to distinguish between what I know, what I experienced, and what I believe may have caused it.
Regardless of the ultimate explanation for everything that has happened, the consequences are real.
A person can lose their employment, housing, relationships, finances, reputation, community, and sense of safety long before anyone decides that their situation is serious enough to intervene.
That is where I am now.
I have reached out. I have reported what I could. I have attempted to communicate with people who I believed had the authority, responsibility, or ability to help. I have made people aware of what I believe has been happening and what it has done to my life.
I cannot force anyone to care. I cannot force an institution to investigate. I cannot force another person to acknowledge what has happened. And I cannot make people take responsibility for something they do not want to acknowledge.
But I can leave a record.
So this is that record:
I was here.
I asked for help.
I told people what was happening.
I sought medical and mental-health care.
I tried to work.
I tried to maintain relationships.
I tried to rebuild.
And despite those efforts, I ended up homeless with my dog, profoundly isolated from the people and community I once depended upon.
I do not know what happens from here. I do not know whether anyone will ever take responsibility for what has happened or whether the circumstances surrounding it will ever be adequately investigated.
But I want it documented that I did not remain silent.
I reached out.
I asked for help.
And I am still here.
Comments
Post a Comment